Confetti Daydreams is hiring and we couldn’t be more excited! We’re looking for a digitally-savvy managing editor with a vibrant writing-style who is passionate about diverse bridal and lifestyle content. Does this sound like you?
The ideal candidate has at least 2 – 3 years experience working with digital content in an editorial / content marketing / related role, and is obsessed with the type of visually beautiful content which represents the Confetti Daydreams brand.
This is a growing role, which initially involves:
- Writing, editing, laying out and publishing beautiful, original blog content. This includes real wedding features, styled shoots, bridal tutorials, wedding advice, bridal trend articles and more.
- Developing and managing content, website resources and editorial series
- Curating imagery from contributing photographers, vendors and real bride submissions
- Corresponding with readers, photographers, contributors and sponsors
- Publishing and promoting content for maximum visibility on social media channels
- Working with sponsors and partners to develop high-quality, unique sponsored content
- Adhering to blogging best practices
- Additional responsibilities as required to grow the Confetti Daydreams brand
- Strong English language skills
- The ability to write in a fresh, enthusiastic writing voice
- The ability to turn around high-quality editorial, fast
- The ability to work to a brief, independently
- Solid experience working with WordPress
- A working knowledge of Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Experience working with Dropbox, Skype and Gmail
- A reliable broadband internet connection
- Highly organized
- Deadline driven
- Detail oriented
- Solutions oriented
- Photography + basic editing skills (Lightroom or similar)
- Basic video editing skills (Premier Pro or similar)
- Basic Graphic Design skills (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator or similar)
- A digital marketing or PR background
- Well travelled, with an interest in writing about global destinations
Location: The position is based in Cape Town, South Africa, however candidates from around the globe are encouraged to apply with the expectation of working remotely. Especially those based in New York or California.
Application Deadline: 2 March 2018
If this sounds like you, go on and apply here. We can’t wait to hear from you!